09 January 2010

10 in 10 challenge update

So how did week #1 of the Ten in Ten challenge go? Pretty darn well. As a refresher, I wanted to cook balanced meals that have veggies more often with my meals and cook/eat fish 3 times a month. And this week was pretty great! I went out to eat 3 times, which was planned, and every other meal I actually cooked, yay me! For that matter, 6 of the 7 days I had fruits or veggies with every single meal, go me! Oh, haven't cooked fish yet, but I've got 3 weeks left this month... it will happen!

Now it's time for week 2. Same goals: eat well balanced meals with veggies (or fruit). I will make fish sometime this week, too.

Here is one of my healthy and quick meals from this week:


Chicken Parm with Roasted Cauliflower for 1

1 C cauliflower florets
1 4oz chicken cutlet
1/2 C panko
italian seasoning (I used oregano and basil)
parmesan
little bit of spaghetti sauce or marinara (you could use fresh sliced tomatoes too)
1-2 oz shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking tray with foil for easy clean up. Toss cauliflower onto 1 side of the pan and drizzle with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Put into oven for 10 min.

While cauliflower is cooking, prep chicken: Season chicken with salt and pepper. Mix some panko with several dashes italian seasoning and about 1/4 C parmesan. Coat chicken w/ panko mix. Take cauliflower out of oven (and toss) and put chicken breast on other half of pan and return to oven. Bake for 7 min, then flip sides (and toss cauliflower), then bake for another 5 min. Take cauliflower out and toss with 2 tbsp parmesan. Put 2-3 tbsp spaghetti sauce of choice on chicken and a 2 oz mozzarella and put back in oven until melted.

Eat chicken parm and cauliflower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment